(#10 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijah View Post
*Ive seen a movie in my old japanese class how it is to take out cash from the cash dispenser. Is it really as hard as it looks? Or should I just draw my credit card for everything?
*How easy is it to buy japanese series and films with english subs?
If you're talking about exchanging money, just change some traveler's checks when you first get in, and go to ATMs and withdraw from your home account after that. Credit cards aren't really used in Japan much, so I wouldn't recommend relying on one. By the way, when I went to Japan last year, I'd studied Japanese for approximately 3 years and was terrible at kanji (still am) but I got by changing money and everything. As long as you can ask someone what it says, you'll probably have no problems.

I don't know about Japanese series and films, but if you're talking about anime it's *CRAZY* expensive! Save it for buying in America! (I know, I was super surprised too.) Also, you'll find that American movies are pretty cheap in Japan and you can get them w/ dual audio and dual subtitle languages (Japanese and English). I bought a bunch of my favorite American movies in Japan to watch them in Japanese! (They did a really good job on Monsters Inc. by the way ^_^ )

Anyway, have an awesome time! I super miss Japan, so enjoy it while it lasts!