View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-07-2008, 08:31 AM

Quote:
*Since its Golden week when we're there, what places should we look out for.. or visit?
almost everywhere in Japan is crowded on golden week especially tourist area, but if you don't mind this, well then just enjoy

Quote:
*Are there any "rules" for hanami?
nope.

Quote:
*Ive seen a movie in my old japanese class how it is to take out cash from the cash dispenser. Is it really as hard as it looks? Or should I just draw my credit card for everything?
nope. its not that hard. big banks already have some english support so no problem in that department. if you withdraw on office hours, you can ask the bank personnel for help.

Quote:
*How easy is it to buy japanese series and films with english subs?
if its not realease internationally, then it does not have any english subs.

Quote:
*Is there any site on the net for looking up japanese events online? Like concerts. A site with artists, genres and access to book tickets?
if its in kansai area, Kansai Walker or Kansaiscene. The former is in japanese the latter is in English. Yes you can book them online , unfortunately its mostly in Japanese.

Quote:
*If you got to visit osaka, kyoto, tokyo and sapporo. What would you do and why?
what is your interest?? try looking in japan-guide.com for places to visit

Quote:
*We're suckers for the clothing style called "Lolita". Does anyone have any tip or hints for this?
if you are going to shop in Osaka, Shinsaibashi, Namba, Umeda is I think your best bet

Quote:
*When it comes to clothing, will it be big difference between the heat in tokyo-kyoto-osaka and sapporo?
ive not been to sapporo, but there are lot more cheaper shopping area in osaka than in tokyo. but if you are looking for branded items, then Ginza is one of the place to visit

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------

Last edited by samokan : 01-08-2008 at 12:00 AM.