View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-12-2008, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kireikoori View Post
And this is coming from from a guy who usually argues AGAINST Japan's xenophobic reputation... :/

The black guy statement you made is weird. If made me feel good that I stand a chance against against a black guy, yet feel guilty about feeling good about that Cuz now I feel sorry for black guys. xD

Oh hey now come on. Every country has xenophobic parents. I mean look at all the foreign guys with Japanese girlfriends. Marty Friedman's ex was Japanese, Thane Camus is apparently in his relationship with his Japanese girl...umm...seriously there's loads of them. So it can't be impossible or anything.

Because I swear all this "Japanese girls prefer not to date gaijin" is making me sort of scared to ask a Japanese girl out, against all logic.
Read what I said. I didn't say MOST parents tell their daughters not to date foreigners. I said that many of the girls I knew that dated foreigners were told by their parents not to. It's the "forbidden fruit" theory.

In the US you must be 21 to drink beer, and have a valid ID to buy it. In Japan beer is sold in vending machines. Which country do you think has a bigger problem with teen alcholism? (Hint: It's not Japan). Why? Once you tell someone they can't have something, what's the first thing they do?

Are you sure you understood what I said about black boyfriends. It's the same, forbidden fruit, thing. Dad says "Stay clear of black guys!" So what happens? Daughter goes straight to Roppongi gaijin bars. If dad had just kept his mouth shut, his daughter wouldn't be dating a dude from Kenya.

Who said it was difficult to land a Japanse girlfriend?
No one said "Japanese girls prefer not to date gaijin" did they? I sure didn't.

Of course there are some girls that prefer Japanese men to foreigners, but these kind of women don't go to gaijin bars and take English classes.