View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-16-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Beautiful pictures! Did you use the blue bags at Miyajima to collect clams? I saw quite a few people gathering clams under the torii at low tide when I was there.
Thank you
as much as I want to try getting some clams, we were out of time trying to cover all the tourist area in Miyajima and Hiroshima city.

Quote:
I somehow missed the sakura-lined walk in Kyoto! That looks lovely, though I was there in late fall-early winter, so it wouldn't have looked as nice. As close as it was to me (about 2.5 hours by train), I only made it to Kyoto once, for a 1 day trip in which I hit all the main temples. For some reason, Kyoto was very unlucky for me... I tried to get there 6 times, failing each time for some reason, only succeeding on the 7th try. Sometimes it was nasty weather, sometimes another event came up at the last minute, sometimes I was sick... it was crazy! Each time I'd tell the Japanese teachers at my school "This weekend I'm finally going to make it to Kyoto!", and each time, Monday morning "Nope, something stopped me again..." Well, at least I made it 1 time, and it was very nice.
that's too bad.. maybe this year you would be lucky
u mean the Philospher's path? when we went there it was not yet fully bloomed but still pretty ..
2.5 hours, so you live in wakayama area ??
i live just 30-40 minutes away from kyoto, i don't know how many times ive been to kyoto.. every time my friends come and visit osaka.. they always wants to go to kyoto and Im usually the tour guide

i'll be posting more pictures soon.. come and visit again

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------