(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-19-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal3ido View Post
There's more reason to that then what im letting on. Ever since 5th grade when I found out my teacher adopted an asian child, I was intrigue. I asked her why and she told my why she did. So maybe going to the sperm bank is selfishness, but what about the gay people who do it? I am Bi, so that does not mean me and my boyfriend will stay togather forever. If I end up with a woman and I feel like I want to get married to her, then we want kids we will go to the sperm bank. Just because I want to add to my kids culture does not mean, im doing something wrong. If you feel that way, then pretty much everyone on this forum is wrong, everyone is basically here to learn or become more Japanese like.
No, there isn`t more to this than you`re letting on. The new information doesn`t change anything. Maybe your teacher did adopt an Asian child. I`m willing to bet anything that her reasons were far from selfish. I am willing to guess that she adopted a child because she either wanted to have children but was unable to or wanted to help a child in need. And that her choice was an Asian child because there were/are many abandoned children in need in some Asian countries. NOT because she wanted a cute little (I`m guessing Chinese) Asian baby. It doesn`t work that way.
As for going to the sperm bank - you were still saying you were going to limit it to a Japanese baby. That is indeed selfish. Homosexual couples who go to a sperm bank do so in order to HAVE a baby - not because they want to pick and choose nationalities and races. They do so because they aren`t able to have biological children without assistance. You act as if this is a shopping trip - just pick up the type of kid you want and that be the end of it.

If you want to add to your child`s culture, add to it . Don`t go picking some race for them to be because you think it would be "cool". You can incorporate ANY culture into your life. Culture is NOT RACE.

No matter what sort of explanation or excuse you drum up, wanting a "Japanese" baby is going to end up as selfish.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.