(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-19-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal3ido View Post
That's your opinion. I see nothing wrong with fusing your favorite culture with something you love. Every parent pretty much lives through there children. So if I can't do it, I will want my children to be able to do it. If I can not visit Japan, then they will, if I can not learn Japanese then I would like them to learn. So when im old they can tell me all about that. If I wanted an accessory, then I would just sleep with anyone to get what I want.
I have come to think that you`re probably just too young to understand how incredibly near sighted and selfish that way of thinking is.

If you like Japanese culture, then incorporate it into your lifestyle. No one will EVER complain about that. However, you`re taking it a step too far and equating race with culture. It doesn`t matter a bit what race your child is. They`re going to grow up how you raise them. Japanese blood does not give you magical powers.

If you want them to grow up and go to Japan, then SEND THEM! They don`t have to be Japanese to do this. No one is saying anything bad about your desire to incorporate Japanese culture into your child`s life. They`re complaining because you aren`t talking about culture - you`re talking about race, as if it gives special abilities. It doesn`t. If you are unhappy enough with your own race that you want to "live through your children" and escape from it, then you really need to get past that before you even THINK about having a child via any means.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.