View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Retrogamer77 (Offline)
Destati

Send a message via AIM to Retrogamer77
01-19-2008, 07:14 AM

I was reading through this post and felt as if I had to comment on this.

I don't know how you can't understand this, but what you're suggesting is extremely selfish. I am also an African American female. While I am young, 17, I know that in the future when I am mentally/physically/financially stable enough that I would like to adopt children. Never once has it crossed my mind that I only wanted a child from a certain race. Choosing a child simply because you like it's race is selfish and downright unfair to the child. If you really want to adopt a child, why not China? Why not Africa or Russia? These countries have so many children in need of a loving family and many of the people in their countries cannot give it to them. If you are so in love with the Japanese country then you would do right to respect it. If you had a Japanese child that you wanted to introduce to the Japanese culture and say, a Hispanic child that you introduce to the Japanese culture, what is the difference? You need to realize that unless you plan to haul your ass to Japan and live there, your child will grow up in the American culture regardless. I hope for the child's sake that you really rethink your decision.

~Genauso wie du~