View Single Post
(#19 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
01-19-2008, 05:12 PM

Now this I don't fully agree with since I believe in parent/child bonding. I couldn't imagine having a child, and then sending him/her off to his/her home country by his/herself. Where would the child stay? Who would the child live with?

It'd probably be beneficial for both the child and the parent if the parent lived in the home country of the child since the parent feels it's important for the child to learn of her heritage and culture. That way, the parent can learn as well.

The child can learn, but it's important that the parent can be able to implement some knowledge as well. I don't think it's right that you have the child learning about his/her heritage, but the parent not learning about it right along side with him/her.

If living in the states, you could always put your child in a class or get lessons to learn Japanese language and culture, and you can learn alongside with him/her. You could even plan to take a trip to Japan every year, since you obviously don't seem to want to live there.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 01-19-2008 at 05:20 PM.