(#15 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-23-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia View Post
Good point!! you smart girl! You know that speaking just english is not a good way to know new culture and meet people. I agree. Also here in Florence, there are many especially Americans who just speak english all around (of course not every american but many!! ) I dont say it's bad, but the language is the culture, better respect it at least in the country which use their own language. mmm I wonder if I explain
But how am I gonna get to know a person if I don't understand a word of what they're saying?! Hahahaha that's why I stick to English even though I could... make an effort and try to speak a language other than English when travelling, see how far I'd get

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia
short italian lesson for u; ciao. Sono Tomoko. Piacere ( shake hands the 1st meet, eventually 2 kisses on the cheek ,,,, spanish do 3 times? lol). Come ti chiami? Sei una studentessa (o un Studente for boy, obviously)? E sono di Giappone, ma di dove sei? Se ti va, prendiamo un cappuccino insieme?

this is a kinda "nanpa" conversation. hahaha.

Hi. This is Tomoko. Nice to meet you. What your name? R u a student? I'm from Japan, where r u from? If you want, let's have a cappuccino together?
Nope, Spanish do two kisses, one on each cheek; I think it's French people who do three? Okay, so I'll give it a go: Ciao. Sono Suki *kisses cheek lol*Como ti chiami? Sei una studentessa e sono di 'Spain' [err Spagne...?]. Se ti va, prendiamo una birra insieme?

How do you say "I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend" ? I've been told that Italian guys don't hesitate to hit on foreign girls x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattaccia
uh huh I remember in spanish, Me llamo Tomoko , Come te llamas? right?
Italian "mi" and "me" r properly contrary in Spanish's.
Yeah, that's right. It's 'como te llamas', not come, that means eat xD! And mi is a possesive adjective [mi coche = my car] and me is a neuter pronoun which is often mistaken for the subject of the sentence.

everything is relative and contradictory ~