View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-26-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
WOW! Your shots are amazing! Really good work. The quality and resolution is so clear. You really did get around a lot. Seeing photos like those, reminds me of how much I want to visit that place. It looks so peaceful and serene. Almost surreal in a way. ^_^

You are taking requests? By any chance, you you have any photos of Gifu Castle? Or Honno-ji Temple? I'd like to see more shots of those. The web pretty much only has so many pictures, and I'd like to see some different angles.

Thanx in advance!
Sorry, but I never visited either of those places. I did visit several other castles, and TONS of different temples, though. Here are some pictures of 2 of my favorite castles:

Matsumoto Castle:

Castles are usually filled with weapons, armor, and the history of the castle. Also, castles usually have the crescent-shaped carp on the roofs to ward away evil spirits, as you can see in 1 photo here. Matsumoto Castle was surrounded by a moat filled with carp, and some beautiful gardens, and it had a lot of interesting artifacts inside, even a cannon!

And of course, the famous Himeji Castle, renowned as one of the best in all of Japan:

I can scan in some pictures of temples next, if you'd like. Nara had some of the most impressive statues...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan