View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

02-03-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Really? I think American comics are still pretty much American comics. I think it would be a stretch to say American comics are going through a "Japanese wave" or anything like that.
Umm er..last time I looked at a comic department, all the American ones looked Japanese styled. Even Spiderman was looking a bit Japanese styled.

Quote:
I have never heard of that. You might be thinking of an American version of The Dirty Pair that came out, but those artists lived in the US.
Umm er...perhaps. Eh-heh. ^^;
I don't really remember that for sure. But I remember reading something one time about Americans who became Japanese mangaka. And I thought it was Cutie Honey. Though maybe it was Dirty Pair.

Quote:
I am not sure what this sentence means. Are you saying it would be easier for an foreigner to make manga in Japan than a Japanese to make comics in America? Considering the trade deficit of American comics to Japan VS manga to America, I think that would be a hard argument to make.
Ummmm...what? I guess I'm not good at wording things well.

I just figure the easiest job for a foreigner to get in Japan would be English teacher. And so being foreign would make it twice as difficult to make it in Japan as a comic maker than it would be in one's native country.

As in...an American would have an easier time getting in Marvel than they would getting into Kodansha.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.