View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dakan (Offline)
New to JF

Sending parcels home from Tokyo - 02-06-2008, 02:04 PM

Hi Folks

I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction for this info. I'll be in Tokyo this March for a holiday, however I'll be going on to other places before heading home (Siam Reap and Bangkok). I'm interested in
getting some things shipped home rather than carry them around to two other countries. So far the only info I have found is this;

"If you wish to ship packages yourself, the easiest method is to go to a post office and purchase an easy-to-assemble cardboard box, available in three sizes (along with the necessary tape and string). Keep in mind that packages mailed abroad cannot weigh more than 20 kilograms (about 44 lb.), and that only the larger international post offices accept packages to be mailed overseas. Remember, too, that mailing packages from Japan is expensive. Ask your hotel concierge for the closest international post office."

Does anybody know if there is a 'large international post office' near Shinjuku? Has anybody done this before and did everything arrive intact?

Thanks
Dakan