View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
gloomth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Gucci!
well older Gucci.
Not so much the brand-logo bags/shoes etc. Those really dont advertise anything but a DESIRE to look wealthy, they dont express actual taste. Anyone with any real thirst for "luxury" doesnt tote around a big leather bag embossed with 6 thousand stupid initials or cartoon whatevers. Those bags are too easily forged. But thats just what I get from my own experiences/observations. The logo bags remind me of those awful calvin klien tshirts everyone had in the later 80s early 90s; they were cheap to produce, made in vast quantites, and were generally available to all members of society (providing they pony-up the cash)

I liked Gucci when Tom Ford was redirecting the company, after one of the last Gucci children screwed it all up in the early 80s with branded shirts and all the same cheapo easily copied crap Armani "exchange" was doing. I LOVE TOM FORD, honestly the man is a genius.....and all his gothy fetish-y work in 2002 was really jaw dropping. (for me at least).

Im a designer nerd though..... I really love runway stuff and histories of luxury brands etc..lame me.

But yeah I guess Gucci for the win since Louis Vuitton seems to be relying solely on ugly grey sweaters on the runway for fall 08. Ugh theres only so much grey wool a woman can take. I get that he makes "ready to wear" and it has to appeal to everyday use, but bulky sweaters dont really denote creativity in my opinion.

Gloomth- Hand Made Gothic, Lolita, Visual Kei, and Vampire Clothing for Girls and Guys. Lots of <$50 one of a kind pieces.

Got a style you want? Email me, I might be able to make you something like it!