View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-13-2008, 09:22 AM

i did a bit of research on this while at university in japan on the students there for an assignment. they all seemed to say to me no condom, no sex. they didn't know the details of the STDs etc but they knew how to protect themselves from them. although condoms don't protect you from STDs such as chlamydia as oral sex etc will transmit this STD just as easily as will touching of genitals. luckily chlamydia is curable with antibiotics.

one club in tokyo had a doctor in there offering free testing for those who wanted it, with 80%+ i think it was 83% testing positive to one STD or another.

Although HIV/AIDs is a very serious disease and we should all be very careful of it, it is important to also know your chances of getting HIV from an infected source.

Receptive Anal sex: 0.005%
Insertive Anal sex: 0.00065%
Receptive Vaginal sex: 0.001%
Insertive Vaginal sex: 0.0005%
Receptive Oral sex (fellatio only): 0.0001%
Insertive Oral sex (fellatio only): 0.00005%

While HIV/AIDs is a very serious matter and I have made sure to get myself tested as all sexually active people should if they have had sex without condom of any sort (regardless of female's use of protection) you need to remember that STDs like chlamydia are far more prevalent with many not knowing they have it due to lack of symptoms. Syphilis is a bit of an epidemic in the Gay community, at least in Australia but shouldn't be a problem to heterosexual males.