View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
solidsnake682 (Offline)
New to JF

Talking Wow. Looks like i will be travelling to Kobe! - 02-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Hey everyone,

I live in London, 17 years old and am taking a gap year before i go off to university. As a result, i have managed to hook up a GREAT deal with my school. I will be going to Kobe,Japan from September 08-May 09. It will be a homestay, where there will be a guy my age who i will travel to the Konan Boys High school with (where i will learn Japanese language) and in the afternoons i will going to Konan University, where i will take part in other activities such as calligraphy etc.

I think this should be an incredible experience. The whole trip is only costing me £1000 which is astoundingly cheap compared to other external schemes. For example, one company tried to charge me £6000 for 5 months in Tokyo to learn Japanese which didnt even include a homestay.

All food and accomodation will be paid for by my school, so the only thing i am paying for are the university tuition fees and flight.

Has anyone here ever been to Kobe? What is it like? Anyone have any tips for me while i am out there? Any places i should definitely check out? Konan university organise trips to Hiroshima and Kyoto.

Thanks. I just wanted to let everyone know of my plans!