(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-07-2007, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Eight hours! Whoa! That is even more hardcore than the Chinese course I took in Beijing. I had four hours a day of class and like three hours of homework. This was for only three months too, but I learned enough to have the level of two years of study in the US.

I'll give it to you Nyororin. A course like that and you should pass the JLPT 1 with ease if you stick to the books and away from the bars. I should really get my lazy@$$ in gear and study more.
Whoa, trust me, I`ve never *personally* taken a class like that. I`ve never actually taken a real Japanese class in Japan at all, let alone something intensive like that. I just know a couple of people who did. (After the fact of course - I seriously doubt they`d have had time to meet me otherwise!) I guess the classes were 9am to 1pm - then 4pm to 8pm. So, at least there was a good gap there in the afternoon to do all that stuff that you can only do earlier in the day.

If you`re really determined and really work hard on what they`re telling you to study - after a full year of it you should be pretty advanced.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.