View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
I think Hard Rock moved to a new location. the one I know is in Hommachi and USJ only. I check the site too, its in Hommachi. That circular building in Namba , have not seen it yet that might be the location of the new namba parks ..
Hmm, there were no parks south of Namba when I was there, so that may be it. And they tore down the Hard Rock Cafe too?

It's hard to give advice when my info is 10 years old, and Japan seems to be changing all the time. Kobe is incredibly different than when I was there, and it seems Osaka has gone through many changes too. Well, that was an old building in a nice part of town, I guess it was only a matter of time before it was torn down. If you have some pictures of what the area looks like now, it'd be interesting to see it. (That picture I took was right in front of the southern exit from Namba station).

Maybe those manga dealers moved to another building... as around for used manga shops and maybe the locals can help you out. (I wonder if the shop near Umeda is still there?)

Hey, I guess my photo is a piece of history now!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan

Last edited by samurai007 : 02-20-2008 at 12:46 AM.