View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-20-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osakaboi View Post
samokan - "it was on the same store that sell anime toys" > u mean "mandarake"? i went there, it got lots of manga sets but unfortunately there's no what i want. i'll try the one at juso, thank u for advice.

samurai007 - thanks a lot for picture. the circle building is replace by "Namba Parks"(actually it's shopping mall with parks on top). i'll take the pictures and show u in couple days. by the way, what is "shotengai" that u guys talking about?
Yes, Mandarake! That was the name of the Umeda store! I couldn't remember till you said the name. So it's still there? That's good to know. But they didn't have what you are looking for? If you don't mind saying, just what are you looking for? Because Mandarake is (well, was) one of the best stocked used manga shops I knew of in Japan. If what you are looking for is still fairly new, have you tried asking a new manga shop to special order it for you?

I just (re-)learned the meaning of "shotengai" myself (I've forgotten so much Japanese in 10 years). It is the word for the covered shopping arcades.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan