Old
Katia (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: Melbourne Australia but I'm from Elktrostal (Moscow Region) in Russia
Send a message via MSN to Katia
03-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I'm surprised people keep mentioning straite A's like its something hard to do. Anyone can get straite A's with just a little determination and/or great exam techniques. I think since I've been in school, my average attendance is about about 40%, yet I always come out with straite A's because I know exam techniques and I learn what I have to learn.

So, miak, I would say don't worry too much about getting straite A's because if you want to, you can. It's not hard. In fact, I'd say try to offer something other than straite A's, because everyone can get this. You need to prove you have character. Character can be more important to a university than your grades, or at the very least it could be the one thing that seperates you from the rest of the A grade students.
unfortunately it's not as simple as getting straight A's.

duhh! it's easy if you're determined and study before an exam. But an A isn't gonna get you a high enough enter score...

look at it this way. Every subject is out of 50 points over all per year. Everything 39 (out of 50) and above is an A+ only 20% overall students can get above that (50 out of 50 is 0.2 percent of students)

you battle against each other, not getting a good grade at that point. A 39 is a low A+ and it's not gonna get you into Osaka uni you need to be in your 40's in all subjects, which means medium to high A+ on every outcome, every exam, test etc. Without exception for an entire year.

That's not something you can study for the night before I'm afraid. So a consistant determination is required.

ciao