View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

03-03-2008, 09:43 PM

The whole of Japan is mountains so in reality wherever you are there are mountains not far away.it is also not very far from most places to go to a ski field but then again it all depends on if you want the best ski fields or not.
I enjoy surfing, skateboarding and Australian Rules Football (which i was lucky enough to be able to play in Osaka)
I'm a country boy in Australia and i'm used to travelling so what I consider a small trip you might consider a big one. Hyogo has plenty of nice nature and you can travel to Osaka and Kobe which are both big cities. I'm not sure what ski fields are like as I unfortunately didn't get to go while i was there (something i need to make amends for when i return to Japan)
what i suggest you do is looking into city population sizes, make a list of some of the bigger regions where you might have more luck getting a job. then look them up on google earth and see what is around them. you can see how close to the ocean, how mountainous that particular area is etc.
The thing about smaller places is there are less people going there for jobs. so look for places in travelling distance to a large city where you can base yourself while job hunting.