View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Lazarus (Offline)
I eat drums for breakfast

03-07-2008, 06:38 AM

Everyone, thanks very much for the replies, you are being very helpful and informative.

I think on the money issue I'll try and bring a bit extra then, I'll beg my relatives for sympathy money; "Please, you don't want me to be sober for two weeks, do you? Have some humanity!"
Or I could just sweet talk some rich Japanese girls into buying me drinks... *cough*.

As for the vending machines, orangedude, I've heard they have dual mounted machine guns. And if you don't present ID, you're in serious trouble - like the ED-209 from Robocop, So watch out man.
I more just want to go to clubs etc to meet people, I'll just buy a couple of drinks to save money and sip them like fine champagne if I have to!

There are a few other things I'd like to know if you guys don't mind me asking;

Firstly, what is the best way of me keeping my money in Japan? I'm aware credit cards aren't widely accepted (at least not as widely as in the west), but I don't really want to walk around Japan with 200,000円 cash in my pocket. Are traveller's cheques or other methods advisable?

Secondly, there are some attractions that you have to book tickets for from your home country, such as the Studio Ghibli museum. Why is this? And what other kind of attractions may I have to do this for?

Lastly, this may be a bit of a longshot.. but my friend and I really want to see a sumo match during our stay, but I've heard it's off-season so there are no matches. I'm aware it would be difficult to get tickets, I'm just wondering if there are small amateur competitions or something we could see instead. Where could I find out about this?

Thanks very much everyone, this information will really help me with my trip.
Cheers!

For relaxing times, make it... Santori time.

Last edited by Lazarus : 03-07-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo