View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
03-08-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It is like this, see. One story of how a Ninja killed a lord goes; The lord was gaurded all day by six heavily armed Samurai in a well gaurded castle. The Samurai never left his side. His food could not be poisoned. It was gathered randomly in the markets and tested also before he ate. The only way the Ninja could get to him was by going into his toilet, burying himself in filth, and waiting for the lords royal ass to come and shine above him... He plunged his sword into the lords ass from the darkness of the long drop below...
There is the other view of this story. Take two warriors, one samurai and one ninja. Both have sworn service to the daimyo. They are both to defeat the enemy. A samurai's code of honor and sense of self respect would not allow him to kill the enemy lord. The ninja is willing to sacrifice his humility to carryout his oath to the daimyo.

It is my understanding, that among the many rules the ninja followed the two most important were keeping secret his clan and his daimyo. This was to keep his personal disgrace from falling to those he had taken an oath.

So the ninja is willing to sacrifice his honor, for the sake of his promise. The samurai will break his promise to save his honor.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~