Thread: Visa
View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jonz (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Thanx Jason,
There is an agreement between Italy and Japan, so u don't need a VISA if u stay in Japan for less than 3 months, otherwise u need the appropriate VISA.
As I explained before, this Company told me that the easiest way to get the VISA is being a student. They will pay me this internship with a monthly salary of 750€+frindge benefits (Accommodation and Commuting expenses). The internship period will be from 6 months to one year (therefore I need a VISA).

I thought I could attempt a japanese course in Japan and then be considered as a student, but the problem is if I have to pay for this course then I've no time to do it and no money to live there... So the Company has to request the CERTIFICATE of ELIGIBILITY at the Immigration Office in Japan and then I can get with this document the VISA in ITALY.
The Japanese Consulate told me that without this CERTIFICATE I can't get anything, so I need that certificate from that Company or an University/Institution in Japan.

I hope I made myself clear now... just last question: is it possibile to survive (not live) in Japan with 750€ x month (having the accomodation)?!