View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
03-13-2008, 01:15 AM

As you may, or may not know, Clint Eastwood's Letters from Iwo Jima is a companion piece to Flags of Our Fathers. Eastwood was a teenager in World War II. I'm sure he most likely felt, like many other Americans at the time, that the Japanese were a vile race that must be stopped at any cost.

They say, "With age comes wisdom" and it appears that somewhere Eastwood came to a conclusion. "No country enters into war, believing they are wrong." Each side fights to justify what they believe to be right.

When viewed as a whole, the battlefield is only sorrow. Things like good, evil, fear and courage, have little meaning in the grand scheme of things. There are only men. Each one of them is a victim in his or her on way.

Personally I was very happy he directed this movie. Maybe if more men could view from all sides, things like war would become a distant memory.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~