View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
May contain spoilers - 03-15-2008, 04:17 AM

There's a definite difference between the series and the movie. Such as the art, the characters' personalities/positions, their air time, recognizable emphasis on the main storyplot, etc. The movie's more like a spin-off of a summary of the anime, plus a subtle perspective into its future.

Personally, I don't think it warrants any tears because the atmospheres and words enunciated aren't as heart-wrenching as the drama's; they are too cliche for my tastes. The only moment when I felt my eyes watery (no I didn't cry, I never do ) was right at the end, where Okazaki meets his daughter for the first time. The power of the initiatory bond between parent and child - now, THAT scene is touching.

Of course, there are people who may argue the movie over the anime and vice-versa, as a result of preference. And like the rest, I stand in the middle.

Truth to be told, I actually couldn’t care less about the difference of the tangible styles imported or which methods they threw in to concert them.

I personally relish more the morals of this tear-jerking storyplot: The essence of love, losing it, groping for the last hope, a vestige of miracles, defying life’s negativities…
I think those are what matter the most.

Edited: Oh yeah, “GO DANGO POWER!” =D

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-15-2008 at 03:46 PM.