View Single Post
(#44 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-17-2008, 09:11 PM

Makes sense. Anyway, I started my new job today. I hope I can keep it for a long time. My boss knows Japanese, which is cool. The agency that sent me to this place, went on about how I was studying the language. He said that he and his wife lived in Japan for six years as missionaries when younger. I told him that my Japanese wasn't very good, and that's when he said that it's better to learn it when you can apply it someplace, like in Japan.

He's a very nice guy, and I'm sure after he realizes that I want to join the JET program, that he'll probably be glad to write a reference letter for me. I hope so, anyway, since I don't have anyone else that I know of who can write me a reference letter.

Cross your fingers and hope I keep this job indefinitely.

Oh yeah, another question. Has anyone ever been in a situation where you end up with an interview panel where you knew one of the panelists? What would happen then?

I'd find it so ironic if I met up with the guy I met last year that's on the Tochigi Board of education if I ended up with an interview.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 03-17-2008 at 09:14 PM.