Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-19-2008, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramones1976
About anything except Faux news
Do you have any idea how ridiculous "Faux News" sounds? Are you even sure of how "faux" is pronounced? Sorry, I know this is irrelevant to the overall point, but still... (Btw, Fox News is no worse nor better than, say, MSNBC or CNN--they're all made up of biased sons of bitches with no interest in the news, only ratings)

Quote:
The UN and Iraq should be resolving their problems. . . The us has a bad reputation of meddling in others affairs, invading countries, being very secretive, and taking what doesn't belong to them...
Funny, 'cause most of the military/peacekeeping action that has been undertaken by US Armed Forces in the last thirty years was at the behest of the United Nations. So why are you blaming the United States? To my knowledge, the only things we've done with our military since 1975-ish WITHOUT UN direction was Panama (iffy on that one) and Iraq II. I'm not sure at all about Vietnam, but since the French were there before we were, I would imagine that also was a UN thing, which would bump my year back to 1960-ish.

All the bullshit between the U.S.A. and the U.S.S.R. was NATO, not "The US". There were at least a dozen other countries involved in that whole mess, not counting the allies of the USSR.

Quote:
The us should just say in the us and stay the hell out of counties it doesn't belong in.
We did that for a long time. Guess what happened? Japan bombed us--AND ON A FUCKIN' SUNDAY O_O . We stuck to the Monroe Doctrine for a good long time. Even WW1, where we did deploy forces to Europe, was a shortlived mission for the States and we immediately went back to trying to stay out of the affairs of the rest of the world (Johnson organized the League of Nations, then refused to actually join it. Isolationist? I think so). And then Pearl Harbour happened, and we all went, "OKAY! FINE! If you all are just gonna poke and jab us, then we'll be more sociable, JEEZ!"

It's funny that now that we're involved in the world, like everyone seemed to want in the 30's and 40's, they all think we should just keep to ourselves. Jeez, can't you guys make up your mind?

I'm not even going to say anything about 9/11. It's obvious that you're a Loose Change brainwashee, so there's no point in going there.

エヂト:I'd stick around for debate, but I need to leave for my new martial arts class ^_^ Assah!!!

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.

Last edited by Amnell : 03-19-2008 at 01:23 AM.