View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Ramones1976 (Offline)

03-19-2008, 02:15 AM

Funny, 'cause most of the military/peacekeeping action that has been undertaken by US Armed Forces in the last thirty years was at the behest of the United Nations. So why are you blaming the United States? To my knowledge, the only things we've done with our military since 1975-ish WITHOUT UN direction was Panama (iffy on that one) and Iraq II. I'm not sure at all about Vietnam, but since the French were there before we were, I would imagine that also was a UN thing, which would bump my year back to 1960-ish.

All the bullshit between the U.S.A. and the U.S.S.R. was NATO, not "The US". There were at least a dozen other countries involved in that whole mess, not counting the allies of the USSR.

Also Grenada
I wasn't referring to what the UN and US did during the part 30 years, I was talking about now.
Bush went ahead and declared war on Iraq and Afghanistan even though the UN was opposed.

Formally Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam were know as Indochina, a French colony for 100 years (1857 - 1957).
The French surrendered after years of colonial resistance, and turmoil.
Then the us goes in there all arrogant and pompous (without UN support) that they can put an end to the colonial resistance and stop communism, but by 1975 look how that turned out...
Their weakness was fighting in unfamiliar land against a determined group of inhabitants. Same reason Britain surrendered the 13 colonies
Role of United States in the Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay I'm done arguing and debating, this is going off topic, so I'm gonna bail out