View Single Post
(#144 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-23-2008, 06:43 AM

Depleted uranium is not used in bullets -_- . If it were, the grunts wouldn't be able to carry their ammo. Depleted uranium--which puts out about as much radiation as your average TV set--is used in tank shells, artillery rounds, aircraft cannons, and some indirect fire munitions. Most explosives, unless they're fragmentation based, do not use depleted uranium, which rules out most 500-2,000lb bombs and missiles. Fragmentation based, of course, is sort of like your average grenade, designed to use shrapnel rather than explosive force to kill. However, you will not find depleted uranium in the NATO 5.56x.22 bullet.

Well, looks like you did it, Tenchu. You proved that America is an evil dicatatorship bent on the destruction of anyone without a US-SSN by whatever inhumane means possible.

I'm not going to try to defend Fallujah. The fact that no one here talked about it (not even the super-left news whores) beyond that "something" happened there irritates me to no end, so I'd only be fighting with myself :P .

Still, you can back through the last few pages of this thread, read all of my posts, and not find one place where I said that we conduct wars perfectly or that we can shit right on a fan and still not make a mess. My point has always been that you and a few others on this forum way play up every little detail and try to demonize my country.

Fallujah was excessive. Okay. Does that make my country, the grunts in its military, or anyone in my country evil? Does it make our leadership any worse than that of any other country with a history of making war? For fuck sake, you can't take an incident like Fallujah and claim that it means anything! Other than that a group of people responsible for planning didn't think for long enough or didn't have a conscience....

War is nasty business. A lot of shit happens. People fuck up. People die. Mistakes are made. But, since war is the balance to peace, it's not something we can just get rid of.

Which brings me to a question... Tenchu, are you bitching because America has been fighting a lot of wars, or because you just simply hate America? I know you understand that war isn't something that's going to ever really go away, so it would seem irrational to me for you to hate America solely because it's been at war for the last eighty years.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.