View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

03-30-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloomth View Post
A hairdresser friend of mine told me the Dove hair products contain a lot of waxy base which can, over time, weigh down and break/split your hair. The waxy base is used to "smooth" the hair apparently to give it the apperance of a lack of split ends but apparently results in the opposite. by adding too much weight/crap.

Ive sort of had that experience actually with using those products as i really liked them when i first tried them, but my hair became more brittle and bad looking the longer I used them. *shrugs* then again I color my hair and straighten it so it goes through a lot of stress day-to-day, it might not be so bad with other "kinds" of hair.

Redken is my alltime personal fave for shampoo/conditioner but im not sure if its available worldwide. My hair is colored every 6 weeks minimum so i am constantly conditioning and trying to keep it from getting that awful over-processed apperance.

Ah, I haven't heard of that happening. I have only been using the shampoo and conditioner for a short time, probably only 2 months and it's still working fine, I hope in the long run this doesn't happen! It's good to hear other peoples opinions on the products though, different effects can happen on different hair types.