View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

Manga Project - Sign Up Here - 04-05-2008, 07:15 PM

[In case you don't know what this is about, I thought it would be a great idea to start a community project based on manga. Members of Japan Forum are coming together in different roles to help contribute to making a manga, and there are many jobs available to apply for. The project is still in it's early stages, so please come back to check progress!]

Hey everyone! I'm back with a list of jobs available in the project. These are some extra requirements that would be ideal if you had them:

~ I could contact you at most times, such as through email or PMs.
~ You are not bogged down with work or schoolwork. Don't take the manga as proirity over your school work, there is always a chance that there will be spaces still, later on down the line.
~ You will be working closely with other members, so you need to be able to contact them too.
~ You have an Instant Messenger, preferable everyone to have MSN. This will be vital for conferences in which everyone in the group is involved. [Though I do realise there will be time differences between everyone's countries, but we'll have to work around this.]
~ You must be enthusiastic about this project, and please don't lose interest halfway through the project. It's okay to drop out if you have pressures at home or school, as this will leave a space for another person but it's better if your sure your able to stick with it if you can.
~ Please make sure you are a regular member who's been around a while. If your new, it's not a problem as long as you are SURE that you are not just going to dissapear after making a couple of posts.

These are the list of jobs available for the Japan Forum Manga Project. You can select up to 2 jobs, and there are 3-5 spaces available in each job. When applying for a job, please do it in this format. [You can sign up for 2 jobs for example, if your a sketch artist and you want to ink/line your own work, you can.]

Why I would be good for this/these jobs:
Example of my work:
I live in:

[The I live part is so we can work out everyone's time zones so everyone gets a say in what goes on when we have meetings.]

____
SKETCH ARTIST : The sketch artist is the one who initially draws the manga in sketch form, using either a pencil or a digital media using a tablet pen on Photoshop. The person for this job needs to have a good experiance in manga, in regards to angles, lighting, and character posistioning. You also need to position your character so there is enough room for speech bubbles. Please note that this is probably the main bulk of the artistic work. You need to draw in a generic manga style so that if there are other sketch artists, your work doesn't look mismatched.

JOB SPACE 1: ZUBAKUSUGAR
JOB SPACE 2: CHASEME
JOB SPACE 3: KYOUSUKE

+ FULL+
_____
LINE ARTIST : This is the person who inks or lines the original sketch. These can be done digitally or by hand. The person needs to have a good experiance of line thickness, and brush strokes. They also need to know how to clean up a sketch. If you are not a sketch artist, you MUST do the inking by hand or through a trace box, because the original sketches are not available to you.

JOB SPACE 1: ZUBAKUSUGAR
JOB SPACE 2: KIYUGE
JOB SPACE 3: LUMICX

+ FULL +
______
COLOUR/SCREEN TONE ARTIST: This job is for people who have experiance with colouring or screen toning manga. The colour will be used for the front and back cover of the manga, and then screen tone for the pages inside. Screen tone can either be done manually or digitally [on a program like Manga studio]. You must have attention to textures and lighting.

JOB SPACE 1: MISSMISA
JOB SPACE 2: HIROKI
JOB SPACE 3: CHASEME

+ FULL +

______
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS/ADVERTISERS: Once the manga is ready and finished, we need to get it out their to people! Graphic designers and advertisers will be expected to have a good knowledge of Photoshop, and be able to create simple advertisements for distribution around the webs. This will inclue things such as forum sigs, site banners, avatars, and also participating the in the front cover design of the manga, and inputting the dialogue into the manga speech bubbles. Basic animation skills would also be a bonus.

JOB SPACE 1: MISSMISA
JOB SPACE 2: JOSICHAN86
JOB SPACE 3: SAKURA SAN
JOB SPACE 4: BAKACRISIS

+ FULL +
______
CHARACTER PROFILERS: These people come up with the personlites and bios of the characters in question. The personality of the character will determine how they will look in manga. Character profilers will need to work closely with the scriptwriters to work out the best characters for the storyline in question. Character profilers will need to have a good variety of characters, and character names and themes based on the type of manga. [More added to coincide with scriptwriters.]

JOB SPACE 1: KIYUGE
JOB SPACE 2: NEOVISUALISM
JOB SPACE 3: SUTIIVEN
JOB SPACE 4: HOSHICHAN
JOB SPACE 5: PJOK
JOBSAPCE 6 : FORGOTENMEMORY
[ Please don't worry that all the jobs have been taken, thre might be room for more in the future. ]
+ FULL +
_______
_______
SCRIPTWRITERS: Scriptwriters are responsible for the storyline and plot of the manga. This is a really vital job that needs filling! Scripwriters will need to work together to create a plot which is compelling and exciting, and appeal to the widest range of audiences possible. Scriptwriters need an exellent knowledge of english grammer, and creativity. The also have to write the dialouge that the characters will say, so they need to make sure that the plot is understandable without the use of two much writing, maybe through some lines of text or dialogue. They must work closely with the character profilers. [UPDATE : I added more places because it's a large task and a popular one.]

JOB SPACE 1: KikiBunny23
JOB SPACE 2: NEOVISUALISM
JOB SPACE 3: BAKACRISIS
JOB SPACE 4:
JOB SPACE 5: HOSHICHAN
JOB SPACE 6: PJOK
JOB SPACE 7: FORGOTENMEMORY

[ Please don't worry that all the jobs have been taken, thre might be room for more in the future. ]
+ 1 NEW SPACE [People failed to meet deadlines.] +
_______

TRANSLATORS: Translators could be really vital to ensure that our manga gets to the widest range of audiences possible. If you are fluent in any language and are able to give a helping hand, then please do so! [This isn't completely necessary but I would love it if someone where able to fill these places.] ALSO - Any amount of people can work on this job, as it's quite a big one and there are many different languages to cover. If you know a language that's not listed, either comment here or PM me and I'll add it.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR: JOSICHAN86,
FRENCH TRANSLATOR: KOAKU
JAPANESE TRANSLATOR:
SPANISH TRANSLATOR: NKI
ITALIAN TRANSLATOR : SHINIGAMI13,
SLOVENIAN TRANSLATOR: LUMICX,
PORTUGUESE TRANSLATOR: CRANI

That's pretty much all the jobs on offer at the moment, if you can think of anymore then either PM me or comment here.PLEASE, do not be intimidated by the information listed - don't feel that you may not be good enough. Please apply, everyone has an equal opportunity of getting a place here. ALSO - If all the jobs are taken in a place you'd like, DON'T WORRY, PM me or comment here and something could possibly be arranged.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, COMMENT HERE OF PM ME. I'm online most of the time, unless I'm asleep or at school.

IMPORTANT NOTE : THIS THREAD HAS BEEN PRETTY HECTIC, SO PLEASE PM ME IF I'VE MISSED YOUR NAME OFF THE LIST.

Last edited by MissMisa : 05-19-2008 at 06:33 PM.