View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
04-09-2008, 11:39 PM

1. Which Japanese city do you live in/come from? Where is this in Japan?
Kuzuha, it is in the Kinki Region Osaka Prefecture but about 35 minutes away by train
2. What do you think of the weather in your city? hmm in the spring its very nice, humid in the summer and cold in the winter though the snow rarely sticks to the ground.
3. Are there a lot of foreigners? What is the attitude towards foreigners in your city? There are a few gaijin not many tourists venture out to this area but there is a university that hosts about 400 foreigners about 20 minutes away, the city is nice to foreigners as are most cities in japan, as long as you don't try to be Japanese.
4. I have an interest in Japanese culture and history. Are there any places of interest you would recommend in your city? Hmm in Kuzuha.. no not really but in Kyoto there are many things a few I would recommend are fushimi inari, kiyomizu-dera and kinkakuji (don't bother with ginkakuji though)
5. What is going to the cinema like in Japan? Are all the films in Japanese? hehe expensive unless you go on 1 coin day (500 yen) lots of American films with subtitles in Japanese and the occasional animated film
6. Are there any local clubs or associations where a foreigner could meet people? there is a rotary and lions club as well as a city run culture exchange even.
7. What is local business like in the area? Are there a lot of shops? Osaka has a lot of shops, there is a big amusement park the next train stop over and Kuzuha mall is pretty popular with lots of clothing and other stores.
8. Are there any cultural events or celebrations in your city? There is a Hanami festival, new years and obon festival that are "official" events of Kuzuha but there are many other smaller celebrations
9. What sports are popular in your city? Baseball Go Hanshin Tigers!... Hokkidos team are the Hams lol
10. What is it about your city that makes it special? its not super busy the view is nice and it is not far from Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe and Nara
I love filling these things out hehe