View Single Post
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

04-13-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I done a bit of this. But before I knew people considered it as a sport. I once lived in a fairly large city. I was saving my cash so I didn't want to pay for taxi fare, and I needed exersize, so I just ran EVERYWHERE. Some days I would run as far as 20 or 25 km! Running is a good way to start, because from there I naturally evolved. As I learned the short cuts in the city through parks and schools, and over fences, I started to become more aggressive and versatile with it. Eventually I was doing what I guess is parkour!

I think if you wanne do it then just start running, as that is the main skill of it. I learned something, if you wanne get good at something, practice that. Not something else. In Muay Thai I see people practice stretching to get good at kicking! But if you practice kicking at the times when you are stretching you would get good at kicking twice as fast. All things are like this. Just start doing it. Honeing a few skills in your backyard would be okay, such as jumping and fench jumping, rolls if you wanne use em, whatever. But just go for a run...
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.