View Single Post
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Oh my god, chaseme. You're that ignorant? I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to be rude to you now. I apologize in advance, but it must be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseme
I want you to write a game layout without payment?

first game designers make games as a hobby with no way to earn from it
I work with GDD's that are fully my own. I don't sit and dream about making the next FF because I most likely never will. So you want me, without pay, spend a whole lot of my time creating a GDD that will never be used, and it's not even my own thing? I have higher standards than stealing other people's work in order to impress you. And everyone has the right to demand top quality from Square-Enix, considering how big they are. If you're going to argue 'could you do better?' then your argument fails miserably because it's not their job to make FF's good. Not saying they aren't doing a good job, though.

In conclusion: I'm not writing a GDD for my own FF game. I write GDD's for my own games, period.

Quote:
Im not suprised in fact im disappointed you should have atleast have an idea for a flash game or have made one already. Youll probably say your not interested in making such game your only interested in 3d games. Oh well good luck hope your "fantasy" come true. Be aware that your not the only soul dreaming to be one.
I have begun writing GDD's for two Action-RPG games, a 2D platform game, an FPS game and I'm pondering over a possible RPG game, even though they're really not my thing. Once I get a good computer, I'm going to work extensively with UnrealEd to create levels that serve as basis for levels of my FPS game, and I intend to learn how to use GML to make my 2D platform game. My interest doesn't only lie in 3D games, on the contrary, I have a passion for 2D games - my favorite game of all times is a 2D game. Get your facts straights before coming off as a fool.

Quote:
By the way in 1970s college students where already able to design games consider technology back then and today
what exactly are you doing for your dream to be a game designer
This is why you fail so hard it makes me cry inside. The game industry has evolved far beyond this. A single programmer can no longer make a game to compete with in the current market. You need a team, because you need people to specialize in certain areas. One to take care of the programming, one to do all the graphics, etc. What I'm doing is I'm getting jobs at game companies to get contacts, getting well-paid jobs in order to finance equipment I need in order to start building games, try to learn programming, etc.

For the record, I'm not a college student and not fully interested in programming. Come back to me in about 5 years, then we can talk.

Quote:
Hard to get a team?

"Early in the history of video games, game designers were often the lead programmer or the only programmer for a game, and this remained true as the video game industry dawned in the 1970s. This person also sometimes comprised the entire art team. This is the case of such noted designers as Sid Meier, Chris Sawyer and Will Wright. A notable exception to this policy was Coleco, which from its very start separated the function of design and programming." taken from wiki
Again, gaming has evolved. Shut it if you don't know what you're talking about. Keep yourself updated. What is required to make a game by the year of 2012? A single programmer? HAHAHAHA... jerk.

Quote:
Your only interested in criticizing?

oh well... how will your gaming experience improve or how will FF's improve if you only criticize
For the last time, I don't care about FF and don't feel like the need to contribute to make it better. It would be nice to see the changes for me, personally, but it's nothing vital. I can live without it. I don't intend to make games similar to FF, anyway.

Quote:
I think you will fail horribly being a game designer if you dont even understand the masses your thinking are way to subjective, game designers should have knowledge in psysocology and sociology
I understand them a whole lot better than you. Just because FF are selling great doesn't mean they can't improve. You're just full of crap, I've noticed this now, you honestly believe I'm just some kind of retarded kid who just sits around and thinks he can become the next Sakaguchi because he has one neat idea, or something... get over yourself, seriously. There is a whole world outside FF, there are million of gamers who are interested in games other than FF, there are millions who don't even touch JRPG's.

chaseme, do us both a favor. Don't discuss this with me. Just... don't.