View Single Post
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

04-23-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgamer1984 View Post
How many cases are there? If i start counting all of them, including the in-human acts they have comitted in Afghanistan and Iraq, I feel good when I bash USa and their policies. I don't even think that Hitler was a big tyrant. Even if he was; he just got truimphed over by some one else.
...And then, there were more retards. The thread churned and boiled, spewing frothy ignorance in every direction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drend View Post
A bit off topic, but isn't the ownership of guns in Japan illegal anyways? I hardly even see police with them in pictures I've seen of officers.
As I understand it, there are police officers with guns (and of course their defense force), but it is limited to just that. Civilians cannot own them.

-

This only works properly because Japan is isolated on all sides by sea, and doesn't have that much land area in comparison to many other countries. Countries bordering other countries, or with a very large border, are impossible to keep guns out of (out of the hands of criminals, anyway...). A situation such as this in a larger country with neighbors would just end up with criminals having guns and civilians being unable to defend themselves from the same. If they outlawed guns in the U.S., for example, crime would jump rather than recede. Criminals are a lot more comfortable and willing to commit crimes when they think the person they're attacking doesn't have a means of defense. I don't own a gun, but I support the right to (for all those who I'm sure are going to attack that next).

Last edited by Nao : 04-23-2008 at 06:16 PM.