(#45 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
04-24-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Let's call "them" what they are. Blacks and hispanics. For starters, blacks and hispanics are not the same thing, same people. Each person comes from their own place, their own background.

As a person of Asian decent, I am going to guess you don't like getting looped in with all Asians or getting called Japanese or Chinese or Korean or whatever country your family isn't from.

I think you also need to take a look at your statitics. You rattle off numbers that may be true right before your eyes (though I find it incredibly hard to believe in your personal experience 80% of the blacks and Hispanics live out this criminal stereotype you have created).

If you want to change start by linking where these stereotypes you hold come from. I am going to guess you didn't make them on your own.
i do recognize the individual differences in each latino and african american >.>
i never call any latino mexican, hispanic, puerto rican, etc. etc. >.>
unless i'm pretty sure that they ARE infact any of the above....
of the african americans... for two years, i was in an environment in which the people could not compose a single sentece without using atleast 1 of the five words: @$$, B!tch, H0e, N!gg_, Fck (<--- i only know this because i actually took the time to listen to some of what they said)

and, i'll admit, it is quite annoying when people call me vietnamese, japanese, korean, and sometimes even chinese (though, the only reason that it IS annoying in the first place is because the people calling me such things, are using them in a "joking" manner) (also, don't get me wrong, it is quite flattering at times to be "mistaken" for a japanese or korean, loool x.x'')

and rattling off the numbers that i hear off the news? that i admit is true.
but, correct me if i'm wrong; ""generally"", the only purpose someone would have to commit a theft, misdemeanor or felony, is because they want something, but do not have the proper means to obtain it [legally].
with that said, how many "slums" in america comprise of a majority of whites?? asians?? african-americans? latinos?

but don't get me wrong though~ i'm not hating anyone of them >.>'
there are some VERY decent african american and latino [gentlemen] that i have met. many that i respect and admire. but, unfortunately, there are MANY MANY more who aren't like that.

also, i'm not saying that no one else from any other race can be so ignorant. i do not deny the existence and the acts of the kkk.
buut, i've met much more respectable white and asian men, than i have african americans and latino.

buut meh~ point is, i'll pretty much always have a relatively negative judgement of such people, but the opportunity to prove themselves otherwise to me is always there.

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.