Thread: Depression
View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Odin (Offline)
Lord of the Æsir

Send a message via ICQ to Odin Send a message via AIM to Odin Send a message via MSN to Odin Send a message via Yahoo to Odin Send a message via Skype™ to Odin
04-26-2008, 03:37 AM

From reading the comments thus far, I get the feeling most of you have not experienced true depression. Do not mistake profound sadness for depression, for they are not the same.

In a true bout of depression the mind no longer functions correctly. Trying to be logical by saying think happy thoughts, or saying how lucky you are compared to others will not work. It is a deep darkness and you can see no way out. It also really has little to do with past events. It is a state of hopelessness. While an event may had triggered the state, it is thoughts of the future that keep a person in despair.

Depression can be overcome but it may take a little time, while the mind tries to reorder itself. To do as KikiBunny23 is doing and write can be very therapeutic. Creative activities such as writing, drawing, or playing music, can help one work though the flood of emotions, as well as being a good distraction from the sense of despair.

The Honored of Valhöll are: Acidreptile: my spiritual brother, smilexfreak7: milaya moya sestra Tsuzuki: my dark goddess,
=Kanji: the eternal wanderer, Zenit: future world conquer, Michieru: self proclaimed mastermind of genius
and the rest of my family in the
~+VaMpiRe ClAn+~