View Single Post
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Akakage (Offline)
JF Regular

04-30-2008, 10:13 PM

Just wanted to add my two cents here if yall don't mind. There are other ways to get into Japan without having a 4 degree. You can study in Japan on a student visa, receive a culture visa by studying a form of Japanese culture in Japan.(for example learning how to create bonsai, studying martial arts, etc...) You can qualify for a skilled labor visa by having 10 or more years experience in a certain field. (This is how I am going to Japan). But in the end no matter what way you choose to come to Japan, it's going to take work. But if you really want to visit/live in Japan, it's worth it.

If you are young, take advantage of opportunities that your school may offer, such as exchange programs. And cherish the time you have with your families. I know things may seem bad now but like Nyororin said, if your parents care about you and they're taking care of you, you're one of the lucky kids. There are ALOT of children who wish they were in your position. Plus when you get older, and start to spend less time with your family, you will start to miss them. PLEASE take advantage of the free time that you have and study Japanese. If you have a good grasp of the language it will increase your chances of making to Japan 10 fold. If you are older, like Miyavifan, definitely take a look into the skilled labor visa to see if you qualify.

I'm saying all of this because no one told me about these options and I had to find out on my own, and I REALLY wish someone had told me. Would've made life a lot easier.