View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

05-02-2008, 12:03 AM

MMM is definitely right. Your company sponsors you, but it does not, I repeat, does not get to make the decision. Immigration is very picky, and sometimes it's up to the individual immigration officer and whether or not he likes you! In my own case (I'm in the middle of obtaining my visa right now), I have to get a pile of documents together Immigration may... or may not actually need/want to see. There's as good a chance I'll only have to show my diploma as there is that I'll have to show them transcripts, letters of graduation, recommendations, resume, AND diploma, or any combo therein. Your company can help you by writing a nice long letter to Immigration explaining why you fit their qualifications, but it's no guarantee. The best thing to do is to shower, and I do mean shower, Immigration with paperwork declaring how qualified you are. If you dump a stack of papers on their desk, especially before they ask for it, that screams, "I'M QUALIFIED," Immigration is much more likely to grant your visa. Act like you know that visa is already yours (politely of course) and your self-confidence will help a lot.

And yeah, in Japan, a bachelors is cruise control for cool. Especially if your degree is from a known university. I'm fairly lucky, University of Texas is known worldwide.

Last edited by Tsuwabuki : 05-02-2008 at 12:13 AM.