View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
05-02-2008, 12:30 PM

hmm lets see because I am bored...

Fushimi Inari takes a few min to get to via train but its totally worth it, has over 10,000 Tori its commonly missed so I thought I would add it, ok now past the Osaka Area.. hmm I would suggest Hime-ji to the south for in my opinion the best castle in Japan, especially if you have a rail pass (which there is really no reason not to). The Shikansen runs to Hiroshima which combined with the shrine Island of Miyajima can easily fill 2 days. Nara makes a worthwhile trip from Kyoto or Osaka Todaiji is there (largest wooden structure in the world) and some crazy deer. Heading north you can take the shinkansen Kodama (like the local version) to Odawara from Shin-Osaka station, this will allow easy access to the Hakone area as well as many hot springs and ryokan I can recommend a good ryokan in Manazuru which isn't far from Hakone at all with an English speaking manager if you plans include a traditional Japanese inn, plan at least 2 days in the Hakone area especially if you want to see fujisan. Kyushu has some interesting things as well, if you plan to visit all of these areas there is no reason not to get a rail pass for at least part of your trip, Trains are not cheap.