View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
Is this an official publication? Such as profits, printed, web, etc.?

The layout was done very well, however it lacks contrast. The initial view is confusing as it does not lead the eye in any direction.

If the type at the bottom, (Death Note, Dir en Grey, etc.)
are your topics of discussion, I would suggest (in a professional sense):
take off all caps
add a page # for each topic
and use a sans serif font as they are easier to read.
Nope, it's nothing official. It's just me and bunch of friends doing reviews and things like that, to be honest. I haven't got any experiance with magazines or related publications, so really this was just the trial cover for now. The only thing I have experiance with is Photoshop, and I also plan to write the majority of the reviews since my writing is pretty good.

If people liked the first issue, then I was planning to sell it on the web for the price of making it - non-profit. Right now I just want people to enjoy my writing, I'm not looking to make money as of yet, after all I'm only 17 and am inexperianced in this area.

The type at the bottom are what's featured inside the magazine - looking at it again, I agree with what you said. I'll consider this when doing the second draft.

And about the view - I see where you are coming from. It's really hard to see it that way, since obviously I have seen it being composed so I never get that intial reaction from viewing it. I think I'm going to switch a few things round so the initial focus lands on Mario and Luigi.

Thank you for your advice!