View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
05-05-2008, 09:39 AM

Well, there is a working holiday visa for getting to know the culture better. Like i said (maybe not?) i´m not planning to imigrate into Japan and im not planning to stay longer than the Visa allows.
I know it will be very difficult to obtain a car, but i still want to try it. If it doesn´t work, i will travel by bus or train.
I´m also aware of the problem with the Shaken, so i hope to get a car with 1 year shaken left and then just give it away for some bucks (or free if i have too) after the year. Because of the Shaken, used cars are very cheap in Japan and the Petrol is not more expensive than here. About sleeping in the car, i will se how that works, maybe it doesn´t, like i said my plans are not fix.

About working here and there: i plan to mainly work during the whole winter time in Tokyo. Leaving the car outside will probably be more difficult, but i wont bother to much with it now. Taking the car insinde Toyko might just be to crazy, so i thought about leaving it on the outskirts of tokyo and taking the train inside.

One more time: I´m not on a work visa, but on a working holiday visa MOFA: The Working Holiday Programmes in Japan and also have a look here: Working Holiday / Japan Association for Working Holiday Makers
and i´m not planning to emigrate or overstay!

Edit: by the way, most people don´t know about this Visa. There are around 6500 people a year going to Japan on a WHV, thereoff around 3500 are Koreans and just around 250 Germans, so thats very few considered to Australia/NZ/Canada, but thats making it even more interesting for me (i have already been to Australia 1 year). I´m well aware that it is gonna be more difficult and probably more expensive than Australia, but i have saved up some money. If all ties brake i can still come home earlier, but i don´t want to do that!

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)

Last edited by Firebird : 05-05-2008 at 09:45 AM.