View Single Post
(#5 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Well, there is a working holiday visa for getting to know the culture better. Like i said (maybe not?) i´m not planning to imigrate into Japan and im not planning to stay longer than the Visa allows.
I know it will be very difficult to obtain a car, but i still want to try it. If it doesn´t work, i will travel by bus or train.
I´m also aware of the problem with the Shaken, so i hope to get a car with 1 year shaken left and then just give it away for some bucks (or free if i have too) after the year. Because of the Shaken, used cars are very cheap in Japan and the Petrol is not more expensive than here. About sleeping in the car, i will se how that works, maybe it doesn´t, like i said my plans are not fix.

About working here and there: i plan to mainly work during the whole winter time in Tokyo. Leaving the car outside will probably be more difficult, but i wont bother to much with it now. Taking the car insinde Toyko might just be to crazy, so i thought about leaving it on the outskirts of tokyo and taking the train inside.

One more time: I´m not on a work visa, but on a working holiday visa (example the NZ site Japan Working Holiday Scheme) and also have a look here: Working Holiday / Japan Association for Working Holiday Makers
and i´m not planning to emigrate or overstay!
America doesn't have those Working Holiday Visas, so I don't know much about them.

Are you going to leave the car with people you know, or just abandon it somewhere? If the latter, it may well be gone (or not working) when you return.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan