View Single Post
(#15 (permalink))
Old
DeathcoreFranky (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickVelvet View Post
This is the perfect example of why you should always make sure you know what you are getting inked on your body. Always do your research and then do some more. The artist may have just pulled it out of a book he had, or flash off the wall regardless if its right or not.

I recall a couple years ago of a tattoo artist in the Boston who was tired of people not doing thier research. On a number of occasions he tattooed something other than what the customer requested. One woman wanted "princess", however he tattood something like "slut". She was unaware until one day she was in a food court and some girls were giggling behind her since they knew what it really meant.

You can try taking them to small claims, but I dont know how far you will get. The artist should have allowed you to preview it once it was placed from a stencil or his drawing to ok it. Also you more than likely signed a release releasing the shop and its employees from all liability.

It will cost you more to have it removed than the cost of the original tattoo. You could have a coverup done. Good luck.
ya it would cost atleast 6 times what i paid for removal im just gonna get it covered up its not really a big deal since im getting most of my neck tattooed already i could easily get it covered up and get the correct one behind the other ear this time ill do my research and bring the kanji 2 my artist i should probly also inform him that the kanji in his book is fake to prevent it from happening to someone else i wouldnt file a claim in the first place i dont think he even knew that it was fake considering hes only been at the shop for a couple months he probly assumed it was real it was my stupidity i should have known, anyways thnx for the help

Last edited by DeathcoreFranky : 05-06-2008 at 07:50 AM.