Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-08-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housetek View Post
no..
you don cut "new" tattoo artists any slack. even on first day of work.

If they went thru the right channels and worked as a apprentice, he should know to make a rookie mistake.
While I would be less likely to go after a rookie's job, in a case where we are talking about someone who probably wouldn't know anything at all about kanji beyond the shop's flash and may not have had much experience dealing with customers wanting custom work, I would be willing to let them correct their error. If it were a seasoned artist, not acknowledging their lack of expertise with kanji and discouraging the customer from a possible mistake is totally unprofessional and inexcuseable.

Perhaps I am a bit more willing to factor in the artist's circumstances because I don't cut any slack for someone who walks into a tattoo shop and doesn't know EXACTLY what the hell they are putting on their body before the needle is even inked. The volume of tats that are done because of a whim and/or without the bearer having a clue to its full meaning (not the always just the current interpretation) is obscene.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.