(#308 (permalink))
Old
Malachai (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Malachai Send a message via MSN to Malachai
05-09-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
So you disagree with drink driving because it is the only thing you can think of which harms others.
This makes you seem mis-informed. Seems like you base your views on whats convenient for yourself.
I'll re-make my original point. Even drinking in moderation will eventually lead to crime and abuse of alcohol. The fact that people will do this and cause crime such as rape, road accidents, violence etc, is the reason why alcohol shouldn't be taken in any moderation whatsoever. Not everyone will have a problem but a lot do. The facts reflect this.
So like I said before, its just a lottery before you might be adversely effected by someone who has abused alcohol through whatever means available to the abuser.
Okay, my opinion is mine, and yours is yours.
Sorted.

Convenient for myself? How would you know what I think is convenient for me? You don't, exactly.

Drinking in moderation doesn't always lead to crime. So drinking - in a sense - is a crime?
Road accidents aren't crime, they are accidents. Hence the title. Rape happens every day due to some people being idiots and thinking they're great, and occasionally because of alcohol. Violence is a crime yes, but walk the streets of London and you'll realize that it's not just alcohol that causes violence.
If people wish to drink in moderation, it's not up to you is it? Let people think and do as they please.