Thread: Get Arrested
View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
timelesssymphony (Offline)
なんでやねん?

Send a message via AIM to timelesssymphony
05-31-2008, 10:25 PM

oi thats where your wrong odonata, the police don't seem to do a lot but help lost tourists and smile because there job isn't needed as much due to Japans stricter sense of values and the fact that organized crime in Japan generally refuses to prey on tourists. The Koban help drunk salary men into taxi's on a regular basis but it is a huge mistake to think that they are pushovers. Japan can hold you for a long time in jail for no particular reason other than you are a suspect or may have information to a crime, they like to be nice to foreigners especially when they think you may not know about the crime or custom (I mean come on moving a bike is a bit weird of an offense) but once you cross the line your not a innocent gaijin your a public disturbance and the Japanese do not like that. Oh and before you plot your carrier as the number 1 criminal in Japan I'll tell you one thing, the Yakuza are criminals that see themselves very nationalistic and they will kill you if you cross, trust me.