View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dchyno (Offline)
New to JF

Going to japan in December 2008 - 06-04-2008, 04:34 AM

Hi guys. The fact taht I'm here means i'm totally lost in trying to come up with a plan for going to japan. luckily i have a few months to get everything together. so, i'm here to attempt and try to gather information on things to do in japan. I am a chef/eater and love food, especially Japanese food. I want to try a good number of food items that only exist in japan. maybe also some food I can bring home? i am a big ramen, yakitori, okonomiyaki, tempura...i guess i'm a fan of alot. But for the ones I named, and maybe others that might be good as well, I'd like to know a good solid place to get them in tokyo without having to go through the trouble of not speaking japanese. also do you guys suggest bringing japanese cash to japan, or exchanging it to japanese yen once you get there? I guess I just want to know where to get some really good food in japan taht you can't get anywhere other than japan. Maybe some places in japan that are also popular might help. 2 or 3 should do fine. I'm going to be stayin in shinjuku for one week, and for my second week i will be at the hyatt regency in osaka. so if you guys know anything about good food in japan where you "can" speak english or get around easily without too much trouble, please let me know. thanks for your guys help. I really appreciate it.