(#71 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Eh, where did I ask you why people would change o.o
Anyway the point i'm making is that unless trends change, the people of America are eventually going to repeat mistakes of the past. Since America is a super power, who they vote in obviously effects the rest of the globe.
Sorry...that was Acidreptile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Oh yes but choosing a president on the merit of colour and to appease the rest of the world based on one issue, (the progress America makes on racism) isn't really a healthy way to go about things. I'm sure for that reason, Obama has been trying to show some backbone which is the right way to go about things. There's things I still disagree with him on but as a whole, I guess he is the "much" lesser of two evils
If you think a single American voted for Obama because of his race "to appease the rest of the world" you don't know much about American people.

If you are froma country where minorities have been elected president or prime minister, I can understand not thinking its a big deal, but please don't minimize my statement by even insinuating Americans would choose a minority for president to look nice for other countries. That's just silly.