View Single Post
(#76 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-06-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Its in history that during time of war, the American people tend to reelect presidents, but i don't disagree with you ENTIRELY about that fear thing. This war has been long and even though we aren't really seeing effects in America like war activity, they are seeing a lot on their end. It has been ridiculously expensive and our debt has skyrocketed from clinton's time to bush's time, but that spending is inevitable in times of war. Our militia has done a lot over there, a lot. A lot of good things for not only our protection but other countries as well. Terrorism is in all countries and the largest group of terrorists are Muslim fanatics. In the past, there were a lot of 'free countries' or countries with lots of freedom. America is the last one and everyone knows it, you can't deny it. You can't deny America is a country where you can do anything. Its the most desired country to immigrate. That being said, this war is doing a lot of good at an expensive price, but that price is worth it. Its keeping our country free.
President Bush has increased the national debt and spent more many we don't have then all the presidents before him COMBINED. Yes, America is a country where individualism and freedom are treasured. I don't know I would call it the "last" country that has freedom. We sure have lost a lot over the past few years. Is the price worth it? Hmmm...I can barely afford to go to the gas station anymore. I won't give my state of the economy speech again, but I would like to know why we are building schools in Iraq and firing teachers and librarians in America.

Quote:
People say that we shouldn't have gotten into this war from the beginning? realllllyyyy. New York was attacked and thousands of people died. WE had to do something.
So if Mike punches you, do you burn down Paul's house?

There were no Iraqis on the planes that were hijacked in 9/11. They were mostly Saudis. Our allies.

Quote:
If you know Americans, they don't take shit from no one. People from there 40s and up understand this. They saw how things worked from their parents time and from their childhood, especially from World War II. Most of them can understand that what we are doing over there is necessary, because freedom isn't free. Its expensive.
No, most of them don't understand. That's why the "war" is so unpopular. It was a war based on lies fed to us by our elected officials and like lemmings, people followed. Now look at the state of the nation.

Look at us now. People want to leave their country to live in ours. We have the strongest economy, our hands are outstretched everywhere. People think we are in a recession, but more than half of the U.S. population doesn't know what a recession is. Or even what GDP is. Bush and our gov doesn't control gas prices. Its an imported good sold to us by foreign countries. The price is high because they can sell it high and higher. We just can't stop buying gas because the price is too high? gov tax on gas is something like +18 cents at the pump. GAS PRICES ARENT CONTROLLED BY BUSH OR THE GOV.
[/quote]

Tax breaks to oil companies sure are. Record profits. Billions in breaks that could pay the salaries of thousands and thousands and thousands of teachers. Instead you have oil execs getting tens of millions of dollars as CHRISTMAS BONUSES when the school down the street won't have a music program next year. It's called price gouging. The government is supposed to regulate it, and doesn't. Why do you think that is?

People want to come to our county because NAFTA allowed Walmarts to open in Oaxaca putting local people out of business. American companies built factories in Mexico, completly changed local economies, then realized China was cheaper and turned newly affluent communities into ghost towns. So yes, people want to migrate to America so they can work for less than minimum wage so they can actually put food in their mouths.
Quote:

Lastly, Today, the younger generation (like me) are all brainwashed by the media. Wait don't blow up on this. Every single major media station whether it be CNN, FOX, or NBC and all those others including the LA and NY times are owned and controlled by liberals. FACT. look it up. Its so obvious, too. All the media is on Obama and Hilary. My generation watches a lot of TV and are easily influenced through advertising. Politics is all advertising. They are all liars. MTV is ridiculous, they advertise obama and hilarly like every ten minutes. Which reminds me what MMM said earlier. Something like 'obama has muslim ties so they would be less likely to attack us than if mccain were in office.' Im sorry but first can't you see that the muslim group is the one who attacked us in the first place and now your voting for one to be our president? hahahaha. Obama hasn't even had political experience. He's not going to know what to do besides listen to his advisors. Presidents are suppose to know what they are doing. they were originally also suppose to be war generals. Now, why the hell is congress all up in their business saying we have to approve before the president makes any movements on the battlefield. political correctness doesn't work. Muslim groups will have a key contact into the highest standing political figure and power in America. Everyone should be afraid of that. Why would Obama want to pull troops out? because the muslim groups he has ties to are telling him to (telling also consists of bribes on a humngous scale. haha you see his new house?) Whats his middle name again? like hussein or something. hahaha cmon people.

sorry for rant didn't mean to go on hahaha
You are misquoting me. Another right-winger said that if Obama was elected we'd have another 9/11. McCain said that Obama is the favorite candidate of Hamas and other muslim terrorist group. I said "Why would the terrorists attack us if Obama was elected if they love him so much?" basically. I was just pulling two "factoids" from the right-wing scare tactic book to get McCain elected that conflict each other.

You do understand that Obama is a Christian, not a Muslim, right? Don't fall for your party's fear games.

Last edited by MMM : 06-06-2008 at 12:59 AM.